Sunday, July 5, 2009

A full day

Yesterday I didn't update my blog because I left the house at 8am and didn't get back until after 10:00. We woke up early to head to Pachacamac which is a site about an hour from Lima that has some Inca Ruins. It was kinda hard to get excited about them because next week we're going to Cusco to visit Machu Pichu which is going to be far more exciting and amazing. Afterwards we went to a food fair and ate soem really good Peruvian food (in case you didn't know Peru has been named the second best country for food behind France). After we got back we went to a soccer game between the Club team from Lima and a club team from Ayacucho. In my head I was rooting for Ayacucho but everyone else there was for Lima so I didn't let it show. Lima ended up winning and then we headed back to the house and came back in a little after 10:00, ate dinner, and then at that point I was exhausted and decided to got to bed.

Then this morning we went to visit a church and got to tour the catacombs there. On my way over there I past a protestant church and they happened to be playing a song that I knew (todo poderoso). I only know 4 or 5 songs in spanish and so for them to happen to be playing one of them at the moment I was passing by was a pretty cool experience. Other than that not much has happened since my last post and I'm pretty tired so I think I'm going to go take a nap.

Chao,

Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment