Thursday, July 2, 2009

Sorry

Sorry it's been almost 2 weeks since my last post because to be honest I completely forgot about it. I'm really enjoying Lima and I can tell that my Spanish has gotten better. I am still far from being fluent but I can get around pretty well. I've also gotten to know the city and can get around pretty well on their bus system (which although the drivers here are crazy they have a very good public transportation and you can get pretty much anywhere for 2 soles or less which is about 65 cents American). I have 2 classes which are really like 4 because while one of my classes is all Spanish grammar my other class is social, economic, and political reality of Peru. I just started my second class on Tuesday and am really enjoying it because I'm learning more about Peru and it's past. My days mostly consist of going to classes and going on a few mini excursions here in Lima. I've also gone out to some dicsotecas and although my Salsa dancing has gotten better it is still far from good haha. Next week we'll be leaving for Cusco and visit the ruins and Machu Pichu so I'm really looking forward to that.

On another note, I've unfortunately felt my faith slipping a little bit since I've arrived here in Lmia. Lima has a busy lifestyle much like that of the US and so I have found myself with less free time and have not been reading my bible or praying near as much as I did in Ayacucho. This makes me kind of sad because my faith was growing so strong in Ayacucho despite being surrounded by other volunteers who were mostly Athiests or Agnostics, but now that I'm in Lima it has grown stagnant. It also happened right under my nose and it probably would have continued if I didn't stop to reevaluate myself and this blog is helping a little bit too. I do have a lot of free time here but unlike in Ayacucho I have more distractions here such as TV, internet, other English speaking people (HAHA) and just general distractions that come with a big city. The good thing is that I've made myself more aware of it so hopefully after writing this I'll discipline myself to try to get back to where I was in my faith in Ayacucho.

That's about it for now, there have been many fun and interesting things that have happened but I probably couldn't put it into an interesting story and it would be hard to pick out which events to tell so instead I'm just going to try to do a better job of updating frequently so I can go into detail about some of the smaller things that happened.

Later,

Brandon

No comments:

Post a Comment